Saturday, April 14, 2007

this week

This week was ok. Work was interesting. We met with a GIS consultant, packed and moved our offices to make way for new carpet this weekend and I got busy with some team-oriented projects outside of the department.

The weather was pretty good as I remember it. A bit on the windy side at times but mostly sunny. And I bought new running shoes yesterday! Yippy. The ones I got over Christmas just weren't working out. My toes kept hitting the ends on downhills. No fun.

In my regular blog readings I came across a new one I want to read regularly, Karen Blados. I like her bold drawings. It reminds me of Danny Gregory's work but neater, more precise.

I also came across a place to buy cool, interesting surplus stuff, American Science and Surplus. I haven't actually bought anything there but want to explore it a bit more and see what is what. It looks like fun regardless.

I think I am going to return the scanner. It is just too slow and it sounds like it's about to break. Guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer and save my $$ for the one I really like.

I am feeling the urge to do some cleaning around here. Get rid of stuff that has been accumulating that we don't use, don't actually want but haven't gotten rid of for some reason. It will make it easier to move, too, if we have less junk to pack.

I didn't do any art at all this week. In fact, I haven't done any since I returned from ArtFest. Most of my supplies are still in the tub I took them in. Next week ought to be better for stirring the creative juices again.

No comments: