Saturday, April 14, 2007

how to comment

I've had a couple of people ask how to comment on this blog so I thought I'd just jot down my answer here.

To begin, click on " # Comments" at the end of the post you want to comment on. (# being the number of comments already made to the post.)

When a new window opens, you can type in your comment. Then enter whatever string of random letters are presented to you. (This is to make sure a real human being is commenting and not an automated spambot.) And finally comes the tricky part.

You must choose an identity: Google Account, Other or Anonymous. I'll go through them seperately.

Google Account: If you have one of these, you can use that same information and it will more than likely always be filled in correctly for you each time you comment. A Google Account is not required to post a comment.

Other: When you choose this option, you will presented with Name and Website boxes to fill in. I believe that if you choose this option once, it will also be filled in for future visits. All you really need to put in is your name, a website is not required.

Anonymous: There won't be any more boxes to fill out if you choose this option. I would simply ask that you sign your name in the comment box so I know who you are.

Any of the above will work. Choose the one that works best for you. I'd love to hear from you...

No comments: