Wednesday, April 18, 2007

and the soup's good, too!

I was given this delightful little pot by my friend, Robyn. She saw how I coveted hers when I visited her last fall. I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. Tonight was the night. It was time to reheat some soup. See the handy pour spout and comfortable handle? How perfect is that? So thank you dear Robyn for putting a little delight in my evening.

Say, the soup recipe is really good and easy, too. Wanna try?

Chip & Salsa Soup
Servings: 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes

3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 15 oz can of black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 1/4 cup fresh salsa, mild or medium
1 T canned diced green chiles
1 cup corn kernels
2 cups tortilla chips broken into bite sized pieces
1 cup avocado chunks

Place the broth, beans, salsa, corn, green onions and chiles in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes to blend flavors.

Place 1/2 cup chips and 1/4 cup avocado in each of four bowls. Ladle the soup over the avocado and chips. Serve at once.

No comments: