Tuesday, December 2, 2008

hearts in my path

I was thinking the other day that I neglected to say anything about the things I'm thankful or grateful for in my Thanksgiving post. It was all about food! Well now, food is important, I grant you that. I enjoy me some good eating, especially when it's been prepared with love.

There are a few other things that I'd like to give thanks for. Actually, it many ways, it boils down to one thing: the hearts in my path.

I have had the great good fortune to have gathered around me, near and far, a number of wonderful people to love and be loved by. This circle includes friends and family.

Recently I have been reminded of these connections on my hikes with Tiika. I've been noticing in my path, literally, a multitude of hearts. Mostly they are rocks embedded in the dirt but sometimes moss, sticks, or plants have created a heart for me to notice. I've begun to make it my habit when I see a heart in my path to bring one of the real heart connections I have to mind and give thanks for that person.

Today we are going out to get a Christmas tree. We haven't had one at our place in several years since we are usually traveling at this time. We're planning to bring it home, dress it up while a Christmas movie plays (Scrooge anyone?) and then wrap the presents that have been piling up. I'm even planning to indulge in a little eggnog.

In the meantime, Rob is making another foray into hollandaise sauce and poached eggs. Yum! Definitely important ingredients in the making of a good day.

No comments: