Monday, September 24, 2007

hmm, the brain is ticking

I'm surprised I can't be heard from even 600 miles away. I just had an invigorating conversation with a cartographic colleague. He is strongly urging me to attend a particular conference mid-October to do some networking in person. Not that he doesn't think I can't sell myself (my skills, that is) via a clever package and phone conversation, it's just that nothing works like face-to-face. His pitch was strong enough that I am seriously considering it. It wouldn't be cheap between airfare and conference fees. (I think something can be worked out in the accommodations area.) St. Louis is a little far to drive by myself. It would be better if I had some frequent flier miles to use...anyone got some they'd be willing to part with? ;-)

No comments: