Thursday, May 7, 2009

Imagine....


A good friend of ours, Teri, shared this YouTube clip with us. On March 23rd at 8:00AM, passengers using the Central Rail Station in Antwerp, Belgium were given a real treat. I love the faces of the people watching the performance. This song is not even in their native language and is still able to transform them. Perfect strangers were all bound up in the sheer joy of the music and the air was filled with love. It reminded me of the scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off when he starts singing Twist and Shout. Two songs come to mind - Louis Armstrong's "What A Wonderful World" and Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World". This the world I imagine. I imagine Afghanistan singing and dancing. I imagine Iraq singing and dancing. I imagine people all over our planet coming together in song and dance and laughing. I imagine....

No comments: