Tuesday, February 3, 2009

pleasant surprise

And then there are the pleasant little surprises from Rob. He sent me these flowers mid-week last week just because. Aren't they beautiful?

The added bonus was bringing them home and having them look lovely through most of Mom's visit. In fact, the greens continued to look so nice I was thinking I should get more flowers the next time I was at the grocery store. Rob beat me to it! I came home today to a bunch of daffodils with three small irises tucked amongst them. (Now that I think about it, they might not be irises but that's what they look like to me but in miniature.)

It was a nice weekend visit with my mom. It began with sweet potato fries and "Mike D" margaritas when she arrived on Friday. We had good talks over coffee each morning and went shopping for my birthday on Saturday. (More on that in another post!) We went to a low key Super Bowl party on Sunday - where someone became entranced with the iPod Touch - who might that be?? On Monday it was breakfast out, one last stop for Montana-themed items and then off into the wild blue yonder back to Portland.

No comments: