Monday, February 16, 2009

birthday dinner

Since my birthday falls on a holiday that causes restaurant prices to soar and crowds to fill every seat, we usually cook a nice dinner at home instead. This year was no different.

We bought a couple of New York steaks and some yukon gold potatoes. I found a delicious sounding olive topping for the steak and decided on mashed potatoes with gravy for a side dish. Dessert was harder to come by but since I was already on a roll with the comfort food idea, I went with a dolled up version of a childhood favorite: chocolate pudding. We found some chocolate mousse (from a box) and topped it off with whipped cream (beaten fresh by Rob).

I enjoyed every bite of this luscious meal!

(And yes, Rob really did have black tea with dinner, Russian Caravan, a favorite of his, while I had dark mead, something I don't need to have again anytime soon.)

No comments: