Monday, May 12, 2008

mother's day

Yesterday was a lovely day. I was acknowledged by all three of my girls and my husband. E-cards, phone message, a Go Fetch! baseball cap and the promise of a massage and pedicure in my near future. Many thanks to all. To start the day, Rob made me breakfast. Then we went out and spent a gift card I've had since Christmas (thanks Aunt Pat and Uncle Scott!). We were dog sitting Tiika's boyfriend, Fella, for the weekend so we also took them for a nice hike in Pattee Canyon.

Before day's end I got to chat with my mom and hear about the fine day she had at the beach with my brother and his family. Rob's mom had homemade spaghetti dinner at her house with his sister and brother-in-law. It sounds like there was much love being shared yesterday. Good stuff.

This is going to be a busy week as we prepare to head back to Seattle/Issaquah on Friday after work. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with my team in person. This phone conference thing works as far as it goes but I am discovering how much physical presence means to me.

Again, thanks to Gretchen, Teal, Tiika and Rob for making yesterday such a pleasure. Love you all.

No comments: