Friday, May 9, 2008

hey, I still have a reader!

Well what do you know? At least one someone not related to me is still reading this here blog. Thanks for the comment Bob! Glad to know I'm not writing into a total void. =) (Yes, Mom, I know you're still reading!!)

Anyway, to reply to Bob's comment, about my back pain, I think the answer is two-fold. One, I have a predisposition to back issues due to my scoliosis so it's not entirely surprising that I would experience this situation at some point in my life.

And two, this is something Jean (acupuncturist) and I talked about a bit. The pain is very low in my back, extending into my bottom, sometimes radiating into my hips. If you believe in chakras, this would be an area associated with home, foundation, survival, connection to others and the ability to deal with change. This would correlate conveniently with the issues I'm currently working out. Also, I seem to see the color coral everywhere right now which is, to my mind's eye, a lovely combination of the red and orange associated with the two lowest chakras. Interesting, no?

Now, for the practical bits, I will check out Bob's book suggestion, Healing Back Pain, and I have phoned the chiropractor for a referral to a physical therapist. It can't hurt to look at this from multiple perspectives for healing.

ttfn

No comments: