Monday, October 15, 2007

one last bit on Blue Mountain Run

This will be the last time I mention the Blue Mountain Run, I promise!

On the Monday after the race I received the email below regarding my results from that day. Although I wasn't in it to win anything, it was interesting to see how I stacked up with the rest of the participants. (Can anyone explain percentiles to me? I know I probably learned something about them in math class oh-so-many years ago but can't recall any longer.)

Congratulations on finishing the Blue Mountain All Women's Run on October 06, 2007. For your records, the weather that day was overcast and cool.


There were 37 finishers in the Women 30 to 39 age group and 186 finishers in your distance. A total of 505 particpants signed up.

Your overall finish place was 87 and your age group finish place was 19. Your overall finish percentile was 47 while your age group percentile was 51. Your time of 34:27.7 gave you a 11:07 pace per mile.

And the Sunday following the race I created this journal page:


I like the picture in the upper right hand corner but I'm going to have to reprint it. I was fighting with the printer to even get that much to successfully output. I may have to mess with it in Photoshop a bit though because I really like the effect of the screwy printer.

Rob thinks I should do this event next. We'll see...

No comments: