Tuesday, October 23, 2007

new old music and movie

Over the weekend we went to our local music store/gift shop/cards and doo-dads place, Rockin' Rudy's because they were having their semi-annual sale. I didn't have anything in mind as we cruised through. We actually stopped to get new headphones for Rob (which they didn't have in the style he wanted, bummer). As I passed by the soundtracks I suddenly had a craving for the music of "Dirty Dancing". Lo and behold, they had a 20th (!) anniversary edition with 27 pieces from the movie.

I can't believe it has been 20 years since I sat in our living room in Forest Grove with Deana, Sally and my mom watching Patrick Swayze work his magic. Such a crush...and I can relive it anytime I want to either with the movie or now on my iPod with the soundtrack...ahhh...

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

Good memories of girlhood days and daydreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe it was that long ago, I have the new edition of Dirty Dancing too...love that Swayze guy! Just a good story...oh and by the way, your hair is cute. I bet it is really easy to take care of though...
love you mom