Monday, July 30, 2007

been very absent

I have been very absent on the blog. It has been nearly a month since I last posted. Yikes! I intended to be better about writing than that. The best of intentions sometimes are interfered with. In this instance it's been the weather. It has been way too hot! And since our place holds the heat so very well in the summer, it tends to be 10 degrees hotter inside than out. At least that's what it feels like to me. The net result is that we typically get home in the afternoon, grab some food and Tiika, then head to the river to swim and cool off. We stay until we are tired and it's close to bedtime. Hence, no time or desire to sit in front of the computer and write in the heat.

Fire season has been going on for a few weeks now but has kicked into high gear in our neighborhood. We have two fires pretty near us. One is practically in our backyard, the Golf Course Fire, and the other is down the road about 15 miles. The following article gives an update:

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2007/07/30/news/top/news01.txt
(We are at approximately milepost 109 for reference.)

I had a great visit to Portland with a 24 hour art stop in Seattle last weekend. I feel like I am barely getting settled back into being home and now I have to get ready to leave again. We are heading out on Friday after work to celebrate Gretchen's birthday in Seattle, do a little more reconnaissance on the move and then hit Washington County for Brad and Mandy's wedding. Whew!

Hopefully by the time we get back from this trip the temperatures will have dropped to something more reasonable and I can get into a more frequent writing mode. We're looking forward to seeing everyone and taking part in the upcoming celebrations.

.ttfn.

No comments: