Saturday, May 12, 2007

dairy avoidance

I recently realized that I seem to have a bit of lactose intolerance. I can only manage to eat and digest it in relatively small doses. In order to avoid the painful stomach ache that comes from too much dairy, I have begun to drastically reduce my intake. Two places I refuse to compromise though are the butter for my popcorn and cream for my coffee.

The half and half in this picture is my favorite right now. It is from a dairy in northern California. It is organic and non-homogenized. Quite tasty. I also love how it comes in these glass containers. We pay a deposit on them when we purchase the half and half and then get it back when we return the bottle to the store. The store returns the bottles to the dairy and they are refilled. I'm thinking about keeping a few though. They would make great little vases for sweet wildflowers.

No comments: