Saturday, May 12, 2007

card #4

The fourth and final card of the series was also done on a paper sample. The book of samples I was using had perforations on each page and on this card I used them to my full advantage.

The image I scanned is of the card opened fully. It is intended to be folded in half with the two stripes as the front of the card. The stripes are placed such that they can be carefully ripped off and used as bookmarks.

The papers I used over the paper stock are ones I made at ArtFest in my Diva Fairies class. The really vibrant background is a dyed paper towel. The yellow-y bits are truly golden in real life. The stripes were created from a dyed paper towel and some stamping with acrylics layered over that image.

It was great fun to do the paper towel dyeing. I'd like to set aside an afternoon to make a bunch more. It takes a fair amount of space to do it right. At least more space than I have readily available. The resulting papers are so worth it though. Unique and wholly mine.

No comments: