Wednesday, October 22, 2008

what's for dinner?

I just tasted tonight's dinner, Curried Bison Stew. Yum! It's basically left overs cleverly disguised in masman curry paste and coconut milk. There wasn't quite enough stew left for both of us to eat and I was bored with the flavor so this is a good way to extend it and spice it up. Oh my. This is going in the repertoire for future reference! (Sorry for the crappy picture. I was in a hurry since we were on a schedule to get out the door to go hear a climber talk about his experiences.)

Oh, and I'm also steaming some cauliflower to put in my stew. I know, many of you are going, "ew, cooked cauliflower!" I used to think so, too. Until I realized how good it is in curry dishes. Our favorite asian restaurant opened my eyes to this taste sensation. And then, in keeping with the low carb craze and trying to satisfy my mashed potato craving, I saw a recipe for mashed cauliflower, another dish I'm loving these days. You steam the cauliflower then mash it up with milk, butter, salt and pepper. So delicious (though honestly not really like mashed potatoes). Rob bought me some purple cauliflower the other day. I'll snap a picture of it when I mash it up.

No comments: