Sunday, March 16, 2008

busy but not much to report

Things are pretty busy here right not but there isn't much real movement yet to report.

I leave for ArtFest in just a smidge over two weeks. It's one of those things that takes forever to get here and then all of a sudden I have a lot to do to get ready. Kind of like Christmas.

This year is different from last year in that I am flying one-way to Seattle, attending the festivities and then driving back with Rob since he'll be in Seattle for a different event. I'm glad the dates worked out that way even though it's a bit of a pain for me in the prepping stages. I don't want to chance anything getting pulled from my luggage supply-wise so am shipping most of them in advance to a friend's house (thanks Elisabeth!).

Also, I don't have the "first time, what's it going to be like?" jitters. I can see two big differences from last year: a new roomie and where Rob and I are in our move process.

First, I am going to miss Robyn terribly. She's one of my favorite people to spend time with and was a great person to share space with. On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to meeting Sue. I'm glad to extend my circle. From the pictures I've seen, she's an amazing artist and from our emails, she's a kind person.

And second, since we are in a much better place in regards to our move, I feel a bit lighter in general. We have plans and are about to jump into one of the best support mechanisms I know. Things are looking and feeling brighter.

In addition to all this ArtFest activity, things at work have been thrown into flux. Our new GIS person starts on the 24th. This is exciting but will also be a demand on the whole department's time over the next several months as he gets settled and begins planning our transition. I took an intro to GIS course last week so hopefully I can be helpful to him and my boss in translating things. (Also, it left me feeling pretty good about future possibilities in the work realm.)

The other bit of news is that my co-worker has decided to leave the organization and pursue his dreams. I am excited and happy for him. At least I am now that I got over being mad at him for leaving. He is so easy to work with, I just don't know how anyone else will measure up. My boss and I are in the process of figuring out how to accomplish this and we know it is going to be an even bigger disruption to our timeline of tasks. Big picture, it's going to be a crazy busy time for us over the next several months.

As usual, I had more to write than I thought when I first sat down...

Have a lovely Sunday.

No comments: