Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ArtFest trades

These are the inchies I've made to trade* at ArtFest this year. As the name implies, each of them measure 1" square. They have been fun to make though more time consuming than I originally thought they would be. I have 19 of them finished, and another 64 in process. Of those in process, 20ish are half done and the rest a third done.

Last year I made way too many charms (or perhaps I didn't trade enough!). I still have a bunch of them left. I just don't know what to do with them. If I have these inchies left over I feel much more confident that I will use them after ArtFest in my journals or something.

* So what is this "trade" thing? It's an informal activity at ArtFest as a way to share our art, communicate our loves and meet people. At least that's the way I interpret it. There seems to be a vast movement among this type of artist to make things and share/exchange/swap them with each other. I was nervous about it last year and I probably will be again at first this year. However, after approaching a few people and being warmly greeted, I started to get the buzz and enjoyed myself quite a bit.

No comments: